Saturday, December 29, 2007

Quick Catch-up

Everyone’s been asking me if my blog is dead, but of course not! It’s merely that I’ve been so busy I just couldn’t update it. As Principessa Fiora says, our blogs are collecting dust for a while. Also, staring at a computer screen all day at work actually makes me feel NOT like doing the same at home; and I’ve too much to do to be blogging at work, though I rather doubt anyone would know what I’m doing given the nature of my work.

However, I am clearing some leave at the moment, so ta-da, here I am back again.

Lately I’ve been catching up on the blog of this one friend – let’s call her the Caped Crusader – who’s currently studying in Boston – lucky lucky woman. It’s snowing there now and CC hates the snow claiming it makes her bones freeze and is a pain in the ass to walk on – yep, I thought she could fly! Oh how we have been deceived. But even if she’d punch my eyes out, I still have to say that the snowy pictures she posts are nothing short of gorgeous.

And now that I’ve risked my life and am now living in fear of a death-glare from CC, let me move on in hopes of distracting her.

I quite quite like my job and, as Principessa Fiora said over our lovely Christmas dinner the other day, it’s amazing how one year ago, we were bitching and moaning about how miserable our work lives were. Principessa Fiora has this super prestigious marvellous job at a European embassy and wowee, she gets to go on business trips and see the world on company expense. That’s one part of her job that I envy, although it must be said that I would not change my jobs merely for a chance to travel. I like too many other parts of it!

My colleagues are a pretty nice bunch. We’re a pretty girly bunch, with slim clotheshorse J heading up our team and unofficial assistant head prim proper secretly wild-child Ms. G being the most experienced and longest-surving member of it. SR is the senior creative dude – funny silly guy who’s still pretty childish and oh, is a newly-wed. M is the creative dude that’s new to the team and has the same ridiculous, juvie sense of humour as SR, but mixed up with a little bit of other issues. There’s Agnes the official assistant head whom we pretty much detest – Agnes is of course merely a nickname we have for HIM. That’s right, Agnes is a man, and I foresee lots of whining, eye-rolling, teeth-gnashing stories centring on him and his petty stupid actions in future. Agnes didn’t use to be in our team, but his own project kinda died out though to be fair, it was not through any fault of his own. We got pretty much stuck with him since our project is related to his.

And – just an aside arising out of my irritability at the mailbox-clogging – is everyone on Facebook now and does everyone have to invite me on it and express shock, horror and a little bit of bemusement that I am not on and refuse to be on Facebook, or MySpace or any other of those social networking sites?? I did use to have a Friendster account, but I only went in once and have never ever gone back in.

I think I shall let this entry end on this note – seems like we’ve come full-circle in my admitting to yet another web application I signed up for and never used. The regular use of webmail must be my greatest web accomplishment.

No comments: