Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cartoons Confession

I was in luck today - The Incredibles was on the Disney channel!I was watching and grinning foolishly to myself as I watched the Incredible family battle a wannabe with their cool powers and make silly puns at the same time. I think the baby is the coolest. I love how it turns into a scary monster.

I also caught Pokemon at 11am today - a guilty indulgence that my sister hooked me to. When I first watched it, I was all eye-rolling. Nowadays, I have a gleeful sense of irony and nostalgia (most probably for earnest feel of the whole show) when I watch it...I remember one of the lyrics from the opening theme song - it goes "I'm undefeatable!" Yeah! Power of positive thinking anyone?

Then back to Disney channel for Kim Possible, possibly one of my all-time favourite cartoon shows ever. Please don't ever ever ever let it end, Disney channel and I totally approve of how Ron and Kim are together, though maybe kissing was not the way to go as an ending to the episode and more more more of Senior Senior Senior and Junior Senior Senior and Shego! Team Go episode was hilarious - "I have a website and I'm not afraid to use it." I could - and have - watched re-runs and still found them fresh and entertaining.

Also, cheers to Nickelodeon for Danny Phantom. A boy who's half-ghost and half-human, battling ghosts to save the world and his growing pains.

Hurray for Justice League Unlimited, Teen Titans and X-men Evolution from Cartoon Network, though I must confess I prefer the original X-men. Teen Titans are really good, though I think it's sad that they've split up Robin and Batman. I do wish there was a dark Batman cartoon back too. I don't really like Superman, I'm afraid, though the giant blockbuster that screened recently has made me rethink my Superman animosity. Batman is still cooler though.

I thank Arts Central every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for broadcasting animes. My beloved Shaman King has ended just in time, since I wouldn't be able to watch it at the timeslot it was broadcasted in. Inuyasha is fabulous too, but I can't watch it sadly because I'm usually quite knocked out by 11plus and it just doesn't work for me when I can't see the ending of something!

I realise there's this cable channel called Animax, but I don't know if subscription is in the works for me on this one, so I will be clinging tooth and nail to try and finish the season of Inuyasha that's on now.

Spirited Away should become a classic and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sequel. Come on, the girl and the dragon spirit have to come together right!

And now having revealed how much I live and enjoy living in a fantasy world filled with primary colours and black outlines, I find myself eternally grateful for how big the internet is.

2 comments:

Princess Flowerbloom said...

Goodness! I din know u watch inuyasha! Then you should reali watch Bleach.. ThAT's cool.

Anonymous said...

ah, i agree, lots of people said Bleach is nice.
Nick, how do you manage your time for cartoon? I can't..