Friday, October 13, 2006

Scariest job interview bit

So everyone knows I'm job-hunting right? And I've been through quite a number of interviews. The following was the scariest bit I've ever been through:

Interviewer: "So let's say you've presented your work and there was a small mistake because everyone makes mistakes sometimes and the person you've presented it to starts shouting at you. How would you handle that?"

Me: "Oh I think in this kind of situation you need to be very calm blah blah blah blah**."

Interviewer: "What if this person is your boss?"

Me: "I would handle it the same way because blah blah blah."

Interviewer: "If it's a very minor mistake, and you think he's over-reacting?"

Me: "Blah blah blah."

Interviewer (nodding): "I see. What if the boss has been holding in his temper all day and he just suddenly exploded even though it's a minor mistake and he screams at you in front of everyone?"

Me: "blah blah blah...and since he's obviously so stressed, I might advise maybe a yoga or kickboxing class."

Interviewer: "Actually he already goes to a yoga class."

Me: "Oh."

**blah blah blah are my answers and actually they're pretty unimportant, so I didn't type them down.
***Oh and since I'm doing that star star star thing, I'd just thought I'd let you all know that I can't remember the exact words of the interview, so this is the gist of what I remember.

Thaaaaat's right folks. Apparently she's drawing all these questions from real-life experiences. I politely declined the job offer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you haven't updated your blog for so long.
How is the job thingy?
I tried the curry paste you told me, true enough, it's easy to cook and still nice:)
H@

Anonymous said...

hi h@! you're not the only one asking about my blog, so ta-da, one post up for you guys! Which curry paste did you try exactly? The gravy type or the soupier type?

Anonymous said...

the gravy type! I didn't know there are soupy and gravy type, heehee.
I didn't know you are such a big fan of cartoon.
Do you like "Happy tree friends"? haha